Problems with door locks, front wipers on/off, front wipers high/low speed, front washer fluid, rear washer fluid, or rear wipers are often attributable to faulty double relays on many 2007-2020 Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, and VW vehicles. Relays are soldered to one of six circuit boards located deep inside the TIPM. Replacement single relays that we utilize for all TIPM repairs since 2014 are the NEC/Tokin #EX2-2U1S.
If you're the kind of person who loves to tackle tough projects like this, keep in mind that repairing your TIPM using one of these relays is no small task. Just getting the TIPM apart can be enough for many to throw in the towel. We recommend that you have soldering experience, especially under a microscope on circuit boards. You'll also need to fully disassemble the TIPM, which many have tried and failed to do without damage. This relay works on the TIPM-7 fuse box shown to the right.
- 2008-2016 Chrysler Town and Country
- 2011-2013 Dodge Durango
- 2008-2020 Dodge Grand Caravan
- 2009-2010 Dodge Journey
- 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro
- 2011-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 2007-2012 Jeep Liberty
- 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler
- 2014 Lancia Voyager
- 2011-2012 Ram 1500, 2500, 3500
- 2012-2014 Ram C/V
- 2009-2014 VW Routan
- 2011 VW Touareg
This relay will fit the hole pattern within the TIPM-7 fuse box on the above vehicles. Other vehicles not yet tested may also work.
- Manufacturer: NEC/Tokin (Nexum)
- Mount type: PC-board (thru hole)
- Nominal voltage: 12 VDC
- Maximum switching voltage: 16 VDC
- Maximum switching current: 30 A at 16 VDC
- Coil resistance: 160 Ohms
- Number of pins: 10
- Relay type: Automotive
- Relay contact form: 1 Form C (2x SPDT-NO, NC)
- Ambient temperature: -40 to +125°C
- Replacement for: EX2-2U1J
For single relay replacements (fuel pump, horn, or backup lights), use the 5-pin NEC/Tokin #EX1-2U1S. If you'd rather have us replace your relays, please visit our TIPM Repairs page.